Resources and Support for Compliance and Preparedness
This page provides helpful resources and support to prepare for an audit and stay in compliance with NERC standards for both Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) and Operations and Planning (O&P). The resources found here can also be found in the Resource Center.
Operations & Planning (O&P)
The items below are provided as resources for compliance monitoring engagements for Operations & Planning and implementation of the Operations & Planning standards. Reach out to the compliance department using the Contact Us form if you have any questions.
Attachment C documents are an important reference point for entities that are preparing to be audited. See here for a list of all Attachment Cs.
Help with O&P Standards
- FAC-003 Presentation_16Nov2020
- FAC-003 and FAC-008 Walk Downs_11Oct2021
- FAC-003 and FAC-008 Walk Downs_14Nov2022
- FAC-008 Questionnaire Informational Presentation
- PRC-002-2 Corrective Action Plans
- PRC-005-6 Implementation Table
- PRC-005-6 Maintenance Tables
- PRC-024 Presentation_20July2020
- PRC-024-3 Presentation 16 May 2022
- PRC-027 Presentation_19July2021
Other Helpful O&P Resources
Critical Infrastructure Protection
CIP Evidence Request Tool
ERT Files Provided in CIP Audit Notification Package
CIP Technical Feasibility Exception (TFE)
Technical Feasibility Exceptions are currently available for twelve of the CIP requirements:
- CIP-005-5, Requirement R1, Part 1.4;
- CIP-005-5, Requirement R2, Parts 2.1, 2.2, and 2.3;
- CIP-006-6, Requirement R1, Part 1.3;
- CIP-007-6, Requirement R1, Part 1.1;
- CIP-007-6, Requirement R4, Part 4.3;
- CIP-007-6, Requirement R5, Parts 5.1, 5.6, and 5.7;
- CIP-010-2, Requirement R1, Part 1.5; and
- CIP-010-2, Requirement R3, Part 3.2.
When entering a TFE for the CIP Version 5 Standards, an entity has the option to enter BES Cyber Assets (BCAs) or a BES Cyber System (BCS) that has a number of TFE eligible BCAs associated with it. A Protected Cyber Asset (PCA), Electronic Access Control or Monitoring System (EACM), or Physical Access Control System (PACS) Covered Asset should be entered individually since they cannot be part of a BCS.
Align is used by the registered entity to submit requests for TFEs to ReliabilityFirst.
If you have any questions regarding the CIP Standards or the TFE process, feel free to Contact Us reaching out to our Compliance or Entity Engagement departments.
- Appendix 4D to The Rules of Procedure
- Material Change Report Template
- ReliabilityFirst Changes for V3 TFEs Not Applicable Under V5
Other Helpful CIP Resources
These files provide additional help and support for CIP Compliance.